Bethel University seeks an innovative, experienced leader to serve as the founding program director of Bethel’s planned Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program to be offered in the College of Adult and Professional Studies. The program director will lead the design, development, launch, and growth of a successful, high-quality psychology program. This person must be knowledgeable about and responsible for program organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous review and analysis, planning, and development.
• Oversee and facilitate curriculum development
• Oversee assessment plan
• Initiate and oversee curricular change as assessment indicates to insure integrity, efficacy and relevance.
• Ensures program meets APA Guidelines for developing an undergraduate psychology major
• Assist in new faculty hiring process and orientation
• Assign instructors to courses
• Supervise & evaluate instructors
• Intentional communication with faculty and staff
• Communication with Divisional Dean/ Academic Dean/VP as appropriate
• Assist admission team with marketing, recruitment and admission events.
• Interact with external audiences for program promotion
• Explore and respond to trends for discipline
• Maintain teaching load in program as able.
• In collaboration with the Office of Student Success, adjudicate student academic and professional issues as needed
• In collaboration with the Office of Admissions, provide oversight of admission process.
• Assist with calendar development, enrollment and budget planning.
The ideal candidate for this new role is a strategic, visionary, and creative individual who possesses strong personal and professional integrity. Candidates will have the orientation of a builder and bring keen analytical skills, strong attention to detail, an ability to foster collaboration, and an unwavering commitment to the University’s mission and a strong Christian faith commitment.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
Experience in education and or professional development related organizations is a plus.
Requires a Ph.D. in Psychology. Preference given to candidates possessing Clinical or Industrial/Organizational Psychology degrees.
This is a half-time 9-month position with a summer stipend.